Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

theross
Frequent Visitor

VS Code Web from Notebook - Fatal Error

I've been using the "Open in VS Code (web)" function from Notebooks for a number of weeks.

theross_1-1719221377689.png

As of Friday it no longer works, returning a "VS Code - Fatal Error - See Developer Tools" error:

theross_0-1719221316863.png

Clearing browser cache doesn't resolve the issue (suggestion found elsewhere online). I've also asked a couple of my colleagues who don't normally use VS Code to test this and they get the same error.

I can use VS Code web generally without issue (ie, navigate to the site, install extensions, etc), the error only happens if I try to use in conjunction with Fabric.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or have any suggestions to resolve?

3 REPLIES 3
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theross ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
This looks like a bug, can you please wait for some time and re try it again.

Incase if you are still facing the issue. The best course of action is to open a support ticket and have our support team take a closer look at it.

Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Hi @theross ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to open a support ticket.

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thanks

Support request number: 2407030050002839

Helpful resources

Announcements
FabricCarousel_June2024

Fabric Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.