Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thebroberts
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to Postgres server requiring SSL

I am trying to connect to Azure Database for PostgresSQL. The server requires a secure connection. I have "Encrypted connection" set to Encrypted, but when I attempt to connect to copy data I receive:

`28000: SSL connection is required. Please specify SSL options and retry. Check network connectivity setting of your Azure Postgre SQL flexible server, if Pirvate Access(VNet integration) is selected, please use SHIR to connect.`

In ADF, we're able to address this by setting additional parameters in the connection string. I do not see the ability to do that in Fabric.

4 REPLIES 4
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

@thebroberts I've shared this internally with our Product Team so they are aware of this thread.

cc: @n0elleli 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thebroberts 

Thank you for the detailed information. It looks like a DataFactory related issue on Fabric. We will help you to route this post to the correct forum.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

thebroberts
Frequent Visitor

Hello - 

In "old" Azure Data Factory, I have a parameterized linked service connecting to Azure Database for PostgreSQL:

thebroberts_0-1685121732978.png

I use this linked service in a pipeline to copy data to ADLSg2.

I am trying to recreate using the new Pipelines in Fabric. The Postgres connector does not show the same configuration options as ADF:

thebroberts_1-1685123290522.png

No matter how I set the "Encrypted connection" drop-down, I cannot connect, and get an error about SSL:

`28000: SSL connection is required. Please specify SSL options and retry.`

I did also try this in Dataflows 2.0. I was able to make the connection and import some PostgreSQL, but we would like to use Pipelines as we do today.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thebroberts 

In which scenario are you connecting to Azure Database for PostgresSQL ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.