Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeilW

Synapse notebook exit displays as data type not value

I have created my first Synapse notebook to get a value from a Delta table and use it in a subsequent step in a pipeline. As you can see in the below screenshot, "Display" returns the correct value (as does "Show") but "Exit" returns the data type (string) instead of the value. As a test, I changed the SQL query to use an integer field and the "Exit" function returned a data type of "integer" on this occasion (interesting but not useful at all). Does anybody possibly have a solution to this issue?

NeilW_1-1709033870094.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NeilW

I have just found a solution. The alteration is in line 5 in the below screenshot. This is a solution based on the desperate searching of a novice so there are probably better ways to solve this. 

NeilW_0-1709042523149.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NeilW

I have just found a solution. The alteration is in line 5 in the below screenshot. This is a solution based on the desperate searching of a novice so there are probably better ways to solve this. 

NeilW_0-1709042523149.png

Hi @NeilW 
Thanks for using Fabric Community. Glad that your query got resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.