Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

govindarajan_d
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Running Vacuum on Lakehouse table throws error

Hi All,

I have been trying to run vacuum on multiple tables using both Adhoc maintenance option as well as Spark and I am getting the following error:

govindarajan_d_0-1702798831013.png

These tables are updated by Dataflow Gen 2 on a daily basis. The dataflow was running fine without issues for past 1 month.

11 REPLIES 11
optimizer
Advocate II
Advocate II

I got the same problem

VincentMeyers
Frequent Visitor

I got exactly the same problem for all my tables in my lakehouse, coming from dataflows

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @govindarajan_d has the VACUUM command ever worked on these tables?

Hi @AndyDDC ,

This is the first time I am running VACUUM on these tables. 

For few other tables that have been updated by Spark, VACUUM works fine. Two tables that are updated by Dataflow Gen 2 throws the error. 

@govindarajan_d I've tested using a Dataflow Gen2 to load into a Delta table and then ran the VACUUM command and it worked successfully.  What version of Spark are you using in the workspace that the lakehouse is in?

Hi @AndyDDC. 3.4 version of Spark. And yes, it works for many other tables, but not these 2 tables

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

Apologies for the issue you have been facing.

This might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team and they can guide you better for the issue with those two specified tables.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Support request number: 2312220040004539

Thanks for sharing the request number.

Hope you got some insights over your query. Please continue using Fabric Community for your further queries.

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet . Did you got a chance to look into @AndyDDC  reply?
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.