Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FredrikJ
Helper II
Helper II

Problem running a gen2 dataflow from a non azure sql server via a gateway to a Lakehouse

Hi!

I have set up a gen2datflow from an oracle database via gateway (version number 3000.178.3) and everything looks fine in the dataflow I can my data. Destinations of the dataflow is to a lake house and it works fine to publish the Dataflow but when refreshing the Dataflow it fails with no error message

FredrikJ_0-1685093570473.png

Regards

Fredrik

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The most recent version of the Gateway (version 3000.174.12 uploaded on May 30th) addresses the "We don't support creating directories in Azure Storage unless they are empty" error.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It works ! Thanks a lot for the quick fix

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
FilipVDR
Helper I
Helper I

Seems i got a similar error: even when I create a new dataflow and enter data with one column and one row, and I want to write it to the lakehouse i get an error: 

FilipVDR_0-1685432725653.png

It seems that the dataflow can't save my connection using my Organizational Account

RRPowerBiAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Similar problem with DF Gen 2 with Lake house target. Simple one column hand entered table. For testing.  DF runs fine. Target won't keep saved credentials despite being entered repeatedly and seeing the destination in the saving and publishing steps...F9ACFA8E-430A-4032-A31B-FD40F2FEA2E9.jpeg7C92BDB1-E112-4601-83C9-F6FA2DCD9BD1.jpeg24F0F275-9C4C-4905-A073-770E108993B9.jpeg

Hey! 

As mentioned in the other thread, the problem that you're mentioning seems to be unrelated to the gateway related issue. I'd highly recommend reaching out to the support team to go deeper into this issue and possibly find a solution. 

if there's no gateway involved in your dataflow, then the problem will be someplace else in our stack.

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi all!

The product team has been notified of the issue which is in relationship to the Gateway. They're working hard on pushing out a new version of the gateway that will have the fix for it. 

Thank you for your patience!

suidino2
Frequent Visitor

Same error here. 

Dataflow pulling from on-premise SQL-server by using enterprise gateway (updated to latest version)

Dataflow destination setup to lakehouse. Dataflow itself setup successfully, but when tried to refresh the dataflow, it appears the same error message. 

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

@FredrikJ @ce87 Thank you for confirming this! please go ahead and raise a support ticket so an engineer can look deeper into it

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @FredrikJ @ce87 ,

Would you mind updating to the latest version of the gateway and try again? Let us know if you're still any errors after updating the gateway

I have the latest version installed.

The most recent version of the Gateway (version 3000.174.12 uploaded on May 30th) addresses the "We don't support creating directories in Azure Storage unless they are empty" error.

@SidJay I uploaded the Gateway on May 26th and got a higher version (3000.178.3) then you talking about. Is it possible for us to install a version with lower version number then we already got? And how can i be possible for us to have a higer version when we uploaded our version before u did?

Regards

Fredrik

Hi Frederik,

I'm unfortunately not sure how you could have gotten into that state. The most prudent course of action would be to uninstall the prior installation, and then install version 3000.174.12.

Hi @miguel !

I updated the gateway today to version number 3000.178.3. And still got the same problem.

Regards

Fredrik

ce87
Helper I
Helper I

What error message are you getting? If you click on the Table Name (DART) is should give you the error message.

I'm having siliar issues. I'm getting this error;

Error Details: Error: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: We don't support creating directories in Azure Storage unless they are empty. Details: #table({"Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path"}, {}) GatewayObjectId: b4a8b741-aef4-482e-9d30-19d6dea19022. Request ID: 78757b74-d18e-c8c3-6e24-7c16331d838d. (Request ID: 2dfa424a-69ea-41c2-a61a-82484f43eee7).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have exactly the same error than you after I have updated the Gateway. 

Did you find any solution yet ?

Thanks,

David

The most recent version of the Gateway (version 3000.174.12 uploaded on May 30th) addresses the "We don't support creating directories in Azure Storage unless they are empty" error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It works ! Thanks a lot for the quick fix

Yes, I see now I get the same errormessage:

Error Details: Error: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: We don't support creating directories in Azure Storage unless they are empty. Details: #table({"Content", "Name", "Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path"}, {}) GatewayObjectId: 89d69b05-cbca-4382-b000-c8c76058d4ed. Request ID: a0a20bcc-958f-09b6-c6bd-bdfab9bf796f. (Request ID: 4a0c7012-c9ec-417a-8029-e2281b52a919).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors