Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pfisterbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Output details for a Dataflow Gen2 in a Data Pipeline

Hi there
In ADF (legacy) we are able to see the ouput of each step. For example, how many rows have been read, written, etc. 
While this works for a Copy Data activity in Fabric, there are no infos for a Dataflow Gen 2 about the number of rows read, written etc. 
This is what we got in a Data Pipeline by using a Dataflow Gen 2:
{
"transactionId": "61410b1a-1c8c-4d67-88ff-0066149b68d3$1xxxxxxx",
"executionDuration": 46
}

Are there any plans to deliver this infos?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello! 🙂 

We are planning to extend the info provided in the json returned in the pipeline. However, if you want to know more about the number of rows, you can open the refresh history of the dataflow in the workspace:
An overview of refresh history and monitoring for dataflows. - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello! 🙂 

We are planning to extend the info provided in the json returned in the pipeline. However, if you want to know more about the number of rows, you can open the refresh history of the dataflow in the workspace:
An overview of refresh history and monitoring for dataflows. - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Thank you @LuitwielerMSFT for your reply.

I am glad that this information will be provided (soon?) as it is really needed in a pro DWH.

The refresh history is not very helpful in our case, as the information needs to be stored in the audit log within the DWH.

I am looking forward to the implementation. Keep up the great work you are doing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.