Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DennesTorres
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

No Start/Stop on event stream ?

Hi,

I built an eventstream with two targets.

DennesTorres_0-1696353054290.png

The problem is: Once I completed the configuration of the first target, the ingestion started, leaving the 2nd target behind. Should the eventstream have a start/stop button to ensure both targets will be in sync? Am I missing something, or is this a feature request?

Kind Regards,

Dennes

8 REPLIES 8
phil_mad

Hi, missing this "basic" functionality, too. 

xujx
Employee
Employee

Hi, Dennes, 

Thanks for your feedback. The Eventstream team is working this feature. Will be available online in May. Stay tuned.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DennesTorres ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. 

I have reached for the internal team for help on this. I will update you once I hear from them.

Appreciate your patience.

Hi @DennesTorres  ,

Ask I understand you are asking if it is possible to start and stop event streams, and to create multiple destinations for an event stream and start the stream for all of them at the same time.

Currently, event streams will start automatically once you completed the adding flow for the destination. There is no way to stop an event stream without deleting it. However, the team is working on a new functionality that will allow you to start and stop event streams, and this will be available in upcoming releases.

I hope this is helpful!

Hello @DennesTorres ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if my answer is helpful. Please let me know incase of any queries.

Hi @DennesTorres ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if my answer is helpful. Please let me know incase of any queries.
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread .

Hi,

The fact the team is working on a solution is good to know, but until there, there is no solution for  the problem.

The stream starts "too automatically" when we are in the middle of working on transformations and destinations. If we have multiple destinations with different transformations this easily leads to mistakes or data out of sync.

Let's wait for the new features.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

Hi @DennesTorres ,

Yes, there is no feature is available yet. We will update you post available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors