Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

DennesTorres
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Lakehouse Access error

Hi,

I'm making some experiments acessing a lakehouse from Power BI. 

I tried the acess in 3 different ways. In all the three attempts, I created the absolutely same visual.

- Using SQL Endpoint Connection: Everything works

- Using live connection (choosing the lakehouse and starting the work) the visual fails with a PARQUET IO Error

- Using a local modal (clicking on the button to create a local model): the visual fails with a PARQUET IO error

This image shows the error with a live connect (I understand only the live connection is a direct lake connection, am I correct?):

DennesTorres_0-1699730877435.png

This image shows the error with a local dataset:

DennesTorres_1-1699731013863.png

Considering it works well when connecting to the SQL endpoint, I believe the other two errors are anomalies. What should I check and what steps should I do to investigate and solve this problem?

Kind Regards,

Dennes

6 REPLIES 6
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DennesTorres ,
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Can you please explain how are you trying to access the Lakehouse in Power BI?

If you could share some repro steps and screenshots , I can understand the issue better.
When I am trying to access the Lakehouse using Live connection, I am not facing any error. I am able to create a visual. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1699733640060.pngvnikhilanmsft_1-1699733649440.pngvnikhilanmsft_2-1699733659512.png

Please refer to this link for more information: Link1
Thanks.

Hi,

It's not any lakehouse, it's one specific lakehouse. I tried the same with a different one and it works.

But the problem remains: The access through SQL Endpoint works, the Live connection doesn't.

The two that doen'st work:

Get data -> Lakehouse -> Connect

and it continues not working if I go to model and choose to create a local dataset.

I don't know what to check in this kind of situation.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

Hi @DennesTorres ,
Are you still facing an issue in connecting to the Lakehouse?
When we are trying to repro there is no error.
Can you please try again and confirm? Try creating a new Lakehouse and connecting it to Power BI. 
Thanks.

Hi @DennesTorres 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. 

As per the issue with connecting the Lakehouse to Power BI desktop , I have reached the internal team for help. 

This might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team about your workspace, the Lakehouse details and the logic behind it to properly understand what might be happening. 

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Thank you.

Hi @DennesTorres 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket.
Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Hi @DennesTorres 
Following up to check if you got a chance to create a support ticket. If yes please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.
Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Fabric Hack Slide Banner

Hack Together: The Microsoft Fabric AI Global Hack

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.