Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sdfabric
Helper I
Helper I

Is creation of Generic Dynamic DataFlow Gen2 in fabric possible with Schema Drift like ADF DataFlow?

Is creation of Generic Dynamic DataFlow Gen2 in fabric possible with Schema Drift like ADF DataFlow? 

If yes, please let me know how to do it and if not, please tell me the timeline to get this feature.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdfabric 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft ,

Please let me know if you have any update.

Hi @sdfabric 

Got an update from our internal team and they asked a question as follows : "What is schema drift or what is the expected behavior that the user wants?"

Thank you.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft ,

Schema Drift means if a new column is added to the Souce side, will it be automatically added to the target ? Also, is it possible to dynamically change the Sources / Targets rather than sticking to static data sources/targets ?

Hi @sdfabric 

Please check the documentation on what’s available today for Dataflow Gen2 in this regard: Dataflow Gen2 data destinations and managed settings - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Specifically the “schema options on publish”.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft ,

Getting "404 - Page not found" error for this page.

Hi @sdfabric 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have updated the link. Please try now.

Thank you.

Hi @sdfabric 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Hi @sdfabric 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft ,

I tried the option you suggested but it is not so generic/dynamic dataflow gen2 implementation in fabric like we experienced in ADF data flow gen1. Will there be any  future plan to accomodate the same ? 

Hi @sdfabric 

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.