Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gmarc
Regular Visitor

Import renaming notebooks

Hi,

I'm facing the issue that when I delete one or multiple notebooks and import them again right afterwards, the newly created file is renamed to <filename>(1), although the previous file with the same name does not exist anymore.

This happens when deleting manually and also when deleting using the GIT repostory.

Is it planned to fix this behavior?

As currently the only way to import existing Jupyter Notebooks into Fabric is the usage of the UI import or the REST API, it is really important that the Fabric workspace is aware of deleted files as soon as they are deleted.

Best regards,

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 

According to the support team, this behavior is as designed due to the asynchronous implementation.

I have now created an idea for the enhancement of this matter here: Microsoft Idea

Best regards,

Marc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gmarc 
Thanks for using Fabric Community and providing your valuable feedback.
Can you please provide me the screenshots related to this behaviour? This helps me in understanding the issue better.
Thanks.

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft,

Sure.

Initial state:

gmarc_1-1708424722590.png

Notebooks deleted and commited:

gmarc_2-1708424770252.png

Notebooks imported anew from local machine:

gmarc_3-1708424834038.png

Deployment file now was named "Deployment(1)" as for the workspace the file "Deployment" still exists

Thanks for the screenshots @gmarc .
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. I will report this to the internal team. I will update you once I hear back from them. Appreciate your patience.

Hi @gmarc 
The internal team wants you to create a support ticket. If its a bug, we will definitely would like to know and properly address it. Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thanks.

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 

According to the support team, this behavior is as designed due to the asynchronous implementation.

I have now created an idea for the enhancement of this matter here: Microsoft Idea

Best regards,

Marc

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors