Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Qkv_123

Fabric LakeHouse SQL Query

Hi Team,

I have loaded XML file and SQL query to check the date availability if date is missing in the sequence then add and fill the value based on latest Known value (column).

Table : XML 
columns : Rate, Date, Curr code
Task: if table missing sequence date then add and fill the rate from latest kown date.

Sceen1.png

Kindly advise me.

Thanks,

Qkv_123

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-nikhilan-msft If I remember correctly, we can't write to a LH table from the LH SQL endpoint. I think we can only create views, functions, and stored procedures in the SQL endpoint. But we can write to a LH table using PySpark in a notebook.

Or am I mistaken?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Qkv_123 

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Can you please explain your ask further? What should be the expected output? Please provide these details, so that I can help you better.

Thanks.

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 

I have table in that table Date column missing sequence date, I have to fill the date

I the above table missing 16th Date
So I need to add in SQL query and fill the value 

Hi @Qkv_123 

I understand about the date column. But what about the other columns? Should they be null for the new entry?

Yes, null value in the date column should be filled with latest date

@v-nikhilan-msft If I remember correctly, we can't write to a LH table from the LH SQL endpoint. I think we can only create views, functions, and stored procedures in the SQL endpoint. But we can write to a LH table using PySpark in a notebook.

Or am I mistaken?

You are right @Element115 .
As mentioned by @Element115  DML statements are not yet supported in Lakehouse SQL endpoint. You can write into a Lakehouse table using Notebooks.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi @Qkv_123 ,
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.