Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bhanuravilla
Frequent Visitor

Error : While importing bulk Notebooks from intermediate directory in OneLake to Fabric

Can we import bulk Notebooks from Lakehouse to fabric ? Because when i ran all 3 cells at a time , Only one is getting copied to workspace throughing duplicate issue . 

It is not copying the other Notebooks . 

https://github.com/microsoft/fabric-migration/blob/main/data-engineering/spark-notebooks/nt-notebook...

I was using the above github notebook to copy synapse notebook to Fabric. Facing issue at Step 3. 

Duplicate_Error.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes, I have used Unique names . It is working now.

View solution in original post

Hi @Bhanuravilla 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Bhanuravilla
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-nikhilan-msft for your quick response . 

Issue is with Prefix .

Scenario is given below : 

When ever we import a notebook with already used prefixes are not working . Through we delete the file in work space/ Rename the notebook also not working . 

For Example : Test_1 we used first time it imported correctly . Then we used prefix as Test_2 now also it imported correctly . Now , I went to work space and deleted the Test_2 prefix realted notebooks and now when we ran it is throwing error . Duplicate issue is getting raised.

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bhanuravilla 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.
Thanks 

Hi @Bhanuravilla 
Error 202 means that that notebook is getting created but has not completed yet. Can you check in the workspace ? It should have bene created. The script will need to be fixed. Can you please send me the screenshot of the code?

Thanks.

Thanks @v-nikhilan-msft 

Issue is with Prefix .

Scenario is given below : 

When ever we import a notebook with already used prefixes are not working . Through we delete the file in work space/ Rename the notebook also not working . 

For Example : Test_1 we used first time it imported correctly . Then we used prefix as Test_2 now also it imported correctly . Now , I went to work space and deleted the Test_2 prefix realted notebooks and now when we ran it is throwing error . Duplicate issue is getting raised.

Hi @Bhanuravilla 

Oh, seems the issue is not with the notebook but with the naming caching in Fabric. If you named notebook "notebook1", then delete it and try to recreate again a notebook with "notebook1" it will throw an exception. Why? Fabric currently caches the prev deleted name for 30min, this is a known issue. I would recommend using unique names for the notebooks.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Bhanuravilla 
Did the notebook get created?

Yes, I have used Unique names . It is working now.

Hi @Bhanuravilla 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.