Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Joschko
Helper I
Helper I

Dataflow Gen2 Web.Contents : Error : PowerBIEntityNotFound

Hello,

I am able to design the Dataflow with Web.Contents as source.

But refreshing the Dataflow fails with:

Error Details: Error: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: PowerBIEntityNotFound: PowerBIEntityNotFound Details: Error = PowerBIEntityNotFound;RequestId = 835c8824-58f3-4b33-9251-03afd39f211d;RequestUrl = https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/v1.0/myorg/groups/asdfasdfasdfasdfef-52b8aa1.... Request ID: 0da1ce92-b5ef-8f78-6ad7-9d4dfef30bec. (Request ID: 478952ab-8c4c-4693-b5b2-46f8a22ce27d).

Any idea

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pretyk
Employee
Employee

Hi @Joscho,

I am sorry that the dataflow is failing to refresh for you. I was looking at the details of the error and it seems that there might be a problem with the Staging Warehouse in your Workspace, in order to better understand the root cause of the issue, can you please check if you are able to see an artifact named DataflowStagingWarehouse of type Warehouse in your Workspace where your Dataflow resides?

pretyk_0-1685611941151.png

If you do, please click on it and check if it opens without any errors.

I will be able to continue with the investigation based on your response.

Thanks,

- Pablo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pretyk
Employee
Employee

Hi @Joscho,

I am sorry that the dataflow is failing to refresh for you. I was looking at the details of the error and it seems that there might be a problem with the Staging Warehouse in your Workspace, in order to better understand the root cause of the issue, can you please check if you are able to see an artifact named DataflowStagingWarehouse of type Warehouse in your Workspace where your Dataflow resides?

pretyk_0-1685611941151.png

If you do, please click on it and check if it opens without any errors.

I will be able to continue with the investigation based on your response.

Thanks,

- Pablo.

Hello Pablo,

this is it. The Workspace does not contain the Staging Warehouse.

I created a new Workspace and recreated the Dataflows. Now it is working and i can see the Staging Warehouse.

Sorry, don't know where the 1st one is gone. I know these staging items will be hidden soon.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jörg

Hi Pablo, 

Your follow above hints that if I delete my DataflowsStagingLakehouse at any point after it is created then I might need to recreate the entire Lakehouse from scratch including adding any files, then also recreate all of my Dataflow Gen 2 dataflows etc. Is this true?

I did delete my DataflowsStagingLakehouse artifacts during troubleshooting and seems nothing is working since then perhaps, even though subsequently other DataflowsStagingLakehouse artifacts are created when new Dataflow Gen 2 dataflow is created. 

More generally it seems like perhaps we should not ever delete or modify these staging artifacts?

FYI, I have asked similar question in a post in the Synapse forum 

Joschko
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Miguel,

thank you.

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @Joschko !

My best recommendation, given the information shared, would be to reach out to the support team so they can do a more in-depth investigation into your case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.