Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dhorrall
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow (Gen2): Specifying target table schema if is a new table

I tried to create a new table in a target Warehouse.

When I tried to create a new table with tst.theTable, 

dhorrall_1-1685046922309.png

I ended up with:

dhorrall_2-1685047007059.png

It seems to use the schema from the 'source' table I was extracting from (which was 'coupa')

I see no place to specifiy the target schema explicitly other than what I tried with 'dot' notation in the table name field.

Putting aside the fact that I am writing to a Fabric Warehouse, even though I chose Azure SQL Server as the target.  This seems like a bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is still on our feature list, but we do not have a current timeline yet. Any improvements to outputdestinations and their timelines can be tracked here: What's new and planned for Data Factory in Microsoft Fabric - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pfisterbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Run into the same issue.

We need a possibility to choose a schema.

Yeah, I think so, too...
SidJay
Employee
Employee

There isn't currently a way to customize the schema. We are tracking this as a feature gap.

What is the status of this, is there a chance to track this?

This is still on our feature list, but we do not have a current timeline yet. Any improvements to outputdestinations and their timelines can be tracked here: What's new and planned for Data Factory in Microsoft Fabric - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Thank you for the feedback! I went ahead and forwarded this information to the appropriate internal team so they can take a look at this thread.

Hi Miguel @miguel 

Any news on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.