Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anuarmn
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dataflow Gen2 Issue: Cannot use Lakehouse datasource in dataflow gen2 in Fabric

Background: I initially created dataflow gen2 and ingest data to Lakehouse. It is working fine.

However, when I created a new dataflow and trying to use to ingest data to same lakehouse, I got below error whenever trying to use the existing lakehouse datasource. I have tried deleting the Lakehouse datasource the original dataflow and still not working. Help!!

UPDATE 2023-05-26 : Turns out that this issue only happens if you are trying to ingest on-premise datasources via gateway. After updating the on-premise gateway to the latest version, you should be able to set the Lakehouse connection.

anuarmn_0-1684900062343.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anuarmn
Advocate I
Advocate I

Turns out that this issue only happens if you are trying to ingest on-premise datasources via gateway. After updating the on-premise gateway to the latest version, you should be able to set the Lakehouse connection.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Bertie1

Hi,
Have you been able to solve your issue @suidino2 or @FredrikJ ?
I also have updated the gateway to try but my data source is actually from an sql server and not on premise. So I don't believe that has anything to do with this.

Yes, currently I am using gateway version, [3000.174.13], having no problem. I think the problem came up when I was using the previous version of [3000.178.??] gateway. 

LP13

Hi anyone,

While it appears that the solution to this is to update on-premise data gateway to the latest version 3000.174.13, I am still facing the same issue as desribed in thi thread, regardless is to connect to data source or to connect to data destination.

LP13_0-1686546100224.png

LP13_1-1686546188747.png

LP13_2-1686546197519.png

May I ask if this has anything to do with the region?  Thank you.

optimizer
Advocate II
Advocate II

I was facing the same issue and updating the On Premise Data Gateway solved the issue. Muchios Gracias for sharing the solution.

anuarmn
Advocate I
Advocate I

Turns out that this issue only happens if you are trying to ingest on-premise datasources via gateway. After updating the on-premise gateway to the latest version, you should be able to set the Lakehouse connection.

It's doing it to me with no gateway needed. Even a simple self made table won't save to lake house because it won't store credentials. 

That could be a different problem. I'd highly recommend reaching out to the customer support team for assistance to dig deeper into it, but the gateway related issue is unrelated to any sort of credential related one that could be happening in your scenario.

FredrikJ
Helper II
Helper II

Yes, same issue here.

/Fredrik

suidino2
Frequent Visitor

Facing the same problem here. I have tried several tenant, all same problem. Are we doing it in the wrong way? Or it just preview error? hope the develop team can solve this weekend...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors