Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brycedwhite
Frequent Visitor

Data Groups Greyed Out

Hello,

I'm trying to create a data group in my default semantec model, but the the option is greyed out.  Am I mssing something or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Brycedata groups.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
brycedwhite
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this issue?  Any thoughts on a possible workaround?

Hi @brycedwhite 

Got an update from the internal team.

"Groups are not supported in DirectLake models. This is because they rely on calculated columns. If you want to create a grouping in a DirectLake model you need to do this by creating a grouping column as part of the ETL logic that loads your Lakehouse tables."

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Hi @brycedwhite 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @brycedwhite 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brycedwhite 

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience.

Meanwhile you can refer this link for similar query : Solved: Need Help: Column Tools greyed out on Native field - Microsoft Fabric Community

Thanks.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to a resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors