Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrflinstone

Connectivity issues with synapse using private endpoints

I have got a synapse workspace which uses git as the back end repo, what I have now done is scripted out the synapse workspace in order to create a parallel synapse analytics workspace, called it a different name but points to thesame repo.

The first synapse workspace has all its connections working (workspaceA), including the private endpoints etc. However the second synapse workspace, let us call it workspaceB has got private endpoints created on thesame vnet/subnet as workspaceA, IP addresses obviously different but from within thesame subnet. 

The first is that on workspaceB, my private endpoints do not work when I open synapse studio, all I see is the private endpoint being stuck in a refreshing state with little to no information as to what is actually going on.

Thesame connections work perfectly fine on workspaceA and all have a succeeded status.

The first connection connection below was manually created and I suspect thats why it has a succeeded status, the rest are being read from the json file somewhere in the repo, this is from workspaceB.

mrflinstone_0-1712700110753.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mrflinstone

Its Azure synapse. The issue was resolved as the private endpoints were not approved within Azure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mrflinstone

Its Azure synapse. The issue was resolved as the private endpoints were not approved within Azure.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrflinstone 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Could you please confirm whether you are facing connectivity issue in Azure Synapse Workspace or in Microsoft Fabric?

Thanks.

Hi @mrflinstone 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors