Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PSJohnG
Regular Visitor

Change Data Capture

I'm hoping that we will see an increase in connectors that support CDC, we have SQL Server and SAP I believe now, but would love to see this expanded out over Oracle, DB2 (LUW & AS400), MySQL, Postrgre etc.  Working with larger source systems across Wans; it's just not efficent to move millions let alone billions of rows repeatedly, not everything has a reliable timestamp, nor the control to modify the source table structures to add.

4 REPLIES 4
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

help us prioritize this feature. Please post your idea on https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ and share the link to the idea here

datamind
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is Azure Data Factory feature missing in Fabric Data Factory (Data Pipeline), right? So the question is, when it will be also available in Fabric. 

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hey!

Could you please share more information? What are you referring to Change Data Capture in the context of Microsoft Data Factory Dataflows?

I'm sure he's in exactly the same case I am. We have an on-prem SQL server database that will most likely never move to the cloud - is supports our EPIC medical system. I'd love to move the data from it up to Fabric. But there is no way that nightly I can move billions of rows of data.

We'd like CDC so we can do one gigantic "initial load", and after that run nightly incremental processes to only get records that changed. That "should" be doable from a volume standpoint - I don't think copying the entire database is.

Note this is on-prem SQL server, not Azure SQL.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.