Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

HassanAshas
Helper V
Helper V

Auto Stop Fabric Cluster - how can I do that

Hi, 

I have created a Fabric Cluster from Azure Portal and assigned to a Workspace on my Fabric Portal.

I am able to use that to run Notebooks. 

However, I want to implement a rule to auto stop my cluster if it is sitting idle for 5 minutes. How can I do that?
and then if I run any notebook/query again, I would want the stopped cluster to start again. 

Is that possible to do in Microsoft Fabric? This is something I know we can do in Databricks but I am unable to do the same in Microsoft Fabric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, based on my understanding; there is no feature wherein the fabirc capacity would resume or pause automatically based on the idle time..

YOu would have to build a custom solution wherein at the start and end of each your jobs, you would have a logic to resume and pause the capacity via the REST API.

Sample :https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/7774/save-money-microsoft-fabric-pause-start-capacity/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, based on my understanding; there is no feature wherein the fabirc capacity would resume or pause automatically based on the idle time..

YOu would have to build a custom solution wherein at the start and end of each your jobs, you would have a logic to resume and pause the capacity via the REST API.

Sample :https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/7774/save-money-microsoft-fabric-pause-start-capacity/

Hi @HassanAshas ,

Thanks for using Fabric Capacity
As @NandanHegde  said at present there is no feature wherein the fabirc capacity would resume or pause automatically based on the idle time.
I would like add additional links to refer to develop a custome solution in your case -
How to Automatically Pause Fabric Capacity using Microsoft Data Factory After Pipeline Execution and...
Automate Pause and Resume Fabric Capacity with LogicApps, Episode 1; The basics (youtube.com)

However, your suggestion is definitely valuable! We use customer feedback like yours to prioritize future features. The more users who request the ability to customize backgrounds, the higher it moves on our list.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our Microsoft Fabric Ideas. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this is helpful. Please do let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @HassanAshas ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Hi @v-gchenna-msft 

Thanks for the replies and your time in answering this question. The issue is resolved. I do have few follow up questions on this topic but I will ask them once I have done my own research on it. 

Hi @HassanAshas ,

Glad to know that your issue got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FabricCarousel_June2024

Fabric Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.