Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xhan
Helper I
Helper I

missing workspaces info in workspace-info-get-scan-result call

Hi friends,

I'm trying to follow https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/workspace-info-get-scan-result API to get workspaces metadata. 

When scanning the workspaces, I sent 10 workspaces. But in the response of `get-scan-result`, I only see 8 workspaces. I'm pretty sure the other two workspaces are active and in use. Could anyone suggest what's going on here?

@m-colbert @TomMartens 

4 REPLIES 4
m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

@xhan 

Can you validate each of the workspaces that did not come back using Admin - Groups GetGroupAsAdmin - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn. You can use this to check that the group id is valid. 

Also, what is common about the workspaces that you have results for versus the ones you do not? 

If you are and admin, you can also check the workspace status in the admin portal. I would start there. Hope this helps.

Thank you, we'll try that. Another thing is that, the workspace id is return when scanning the metadata. But when get scan result, it doesn't get returned

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @xhan ,

please provide the exact call for Admin - WorkspaceInfo GetModifiedWorkspaces - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Lea..., maybe you exclude personal workspaces?

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

we are pretty sure those are not personal worksapces or inactive workspaces

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.