Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tamf82
Frequent Visitor

Zoom Slider Not Available for months or quarters when connected to a dataset

Hello 

I have a report which is connected to a Dataset but cannot get the Zoom slider working. 

When editing the report used to create the dataset layer on my desktop I am able to produce a visual with a Zoom Slider on a x-axis using a hierachy date. This report uses import from a Dataflow connected to a Postgre SQL database. I have then published this and set this up as a dataset. 

But when I connect another report BI to the dataset in service the option dispears to view the months and quarters as Continuous Type data. I can do it just using the Year or the Day (not both) But neither help set up the report as I could originally. 

Is there a setting within the dataset connection which is stopping this?

Does the data convert some way when using a direct connection rather than an import model (unavaliable with Datasets) ?

If anybody else has seen this issue or would know how to resolve I'd really apprciate it.

Connected to the dataSet

Tamf82_0-1678980455017.png

Within the Dataset layer connected to a PowerBI Flow

Tamf82_1-1678980535391.png

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tamf82
Frequent Visitor

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng

I had to build a new Calendar on the report level and link this to the date from the data set. It was not an ideal solution as it bulks out the report feilds but it works. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tamf82
Frequent Visitor

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng

I had to build a new Calendar on the report level and link this to the date from the data set. It was not an ideal solution as it bulks out the report feilds but it works. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Tamf82,

I think these should be related to auto date/time feature, power bi will recognized and generated a correspond calendar with some pre-defined fields to help aggregation and analysis table records.
The live connection data source not suitable this feature, so these fields are common fields instead of responsive calendar fields which can be recognized and mapping with visual data analysis.

Auto date/time in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors