Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

drad
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to enter values into Text Filter and Attribute Slicer

The Text Filter and Attribute slicer are not working in browser, on IE, Edge and Chrome for a subset of users.

They simply refuse to allow some users to type anything or paste values. It was working fine last week. What is weirder is that it has stopped working on Reports that haven't been updated in months.

There is nothing special about these users accounts or security levels. The Filter and Slicer both have a little 'i' above them indicating "Too Many....values. Not Displaying all data. Filter the data or choose another field.". But it has always said this.

This seems to have conincided with some users upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Although I've always had Windows 10 and it'd always worked.

Could it be a JavaScript issue? Stopping users inputting data? I'm really at a loss to what is causing it as there seems to be no common thread between any user and if it is working or not for them.

2 REPLIES 2
hpalmer
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this too, but only with Edge.

Although I haven't fixed the initial issue, I did use a workaround. I spent hours trying to fix it to no avail. So what I did was delete the visual, add a filter visual, add the column to the visual, then click the three dots in the top corner of the visual and click 'Search'. You should now have a search bar appear which is similar functionality to the previous visual.

Please ensure that the column in the filter is set to 'Text' format, as you cant seach numbers.

Hope that helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.