Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Keith_dp
Frequent Visitor

Tracking embedded users interactions - API events to GTM or Google Analytics

I noticed in the Feb 2021 update, they added the visualClicked event to the PBI Embedded API: Power BI Developer community February 2021 update | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

I've been trying to find a way to track how users are interacting with my reports.  At the moment I can only tell when a user visited an embedded report.  Has anyone successfully integrated the API events with something like Google Tag Manager or Google Analytics?  Or are there other solutions to tracking how users interact within reports and dashboards?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Keith_dp ,

Please reivew the content in the following link and check whether that is what you want. In additional, here is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

PowerBI-JavaScript

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.