Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trupti_D
Frequent Visitor

To fix position of inside Gauge

Hi all, I have placed two gauges one inside another to show two target for same value i.e. on value option Tentative Commitment Cost is placed of both gauges then on target value for outer gauge budget value is placed and for inner gauge on target value tender value is placed. And I am using slicer for 9 different project numbers. Now when I change project number position of both gauges changes as per target lines position. I have tried increasing size of gauges but still position changes after changing project number. Hoe can I keep both gauges (Inner and Outer) at one place showing tarhet value despite of any project number selected?

6 REPLIES 6
Trupti_D
Frequent Visitor

ok thank you

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Trupti_D ,

What does your source data look like?

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have gauges arranged like this, inner gauges are of same height and width 

Trupti_D_1-1684927224458.png

but when I change project no from slicer then inner and outer gauges changes its position and size as well

Trupti_D_2-1684927298043.png

as you can see in above image gauge which is inside moved to right end in second image inner gauge shifted little bit left side,

I want to fix the size and position of gauges, How can I do that? 

Hi @Trupti_D ,

Please check if Lock objects could help you.

vjianbolimsft_0-1684979817328.png

Besides, please make sure that there is enough blank space between your gauges.

If there is not enough space between two visuals, the overlapping of fonts may also cause a change in the position of the visuals.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jianboli-msft ,

I have tried Lock Objects option from view ribbon but its not working and fonts overlapes on outer gauge that is not problem at all, just that when target line shifts towards left side of gauge, gauge shifts towards right and vice versa I want to fix position of gauge inspite position of target line.

Hi @Trupti_D ,

According to my test, the position of your visual has not changed, it is only the change in the size of the target value that causes the gauge to change in the area where the visual is located, and there seems to be no way to set it so that the gauge does not change at the moment. You might consider turning off the display of the target value value and creating a new visual in another area to display the target value value.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.