Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ibrahim_shaik
Helper IV
Helper IV

Time Slicer Between Style Shows only Date. NOT TIME

Hi Power BI Community,

I have a table with a DateTime Column I have separated the date and time into two columns and I want to filter the line chart separately with date and with time.

I have used the Between Slicer for Date I want to use the Same Between Slicer for the Time as well but when i Place the Time column in the value field in the Slicer it only shows Date and I get a weird date 12/30/1899.

Another thing is I want to create a disconnected table of Time with 1 hour interval in 12 hour format AM/PM. and then I should be able to filter the line chart with that Time Table. as I have time 15 interval time data, i want to filter the line chart "Between" two different timestamps. I tried creating the disconnected Time Table but I was not able to filter the line chart.

I have attached the Screenshots of the Slicer and DateTime Table.Time Slicer Between Style .png

Date and Time Table.png

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim

2 REPLIES 2
Ibrahim_shaik
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @lbendlin ,

Sure, I  will provide the sample data.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Best regards,

Ibrahim

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your approach with a disconnected times table is reasonable. Use a measure to compute the chart values.

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.