Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frank_Ruiz
Helper I
Helper I

Sum of subsets and their percentage

First of all, thank the community for its invaluable help.

I know what I'm going to ask is stupid, but I've been trying to find the solution for days and I know it's very easy.

Context:
The "material_passport" table has an RLS filter applied to the user_email field, to only show the data of a user, in addition, a filter is usually applied at the report level on the id field to only show the data of a report.

The following relationships exist:
material_passport[id]=product[material_passport_id]
product[id]=material[product_id]
material[family]=material_family_catalog[code]

The material table has a weight indicator called material[intensity]

I need to obtain a new measurement that tells me the % intensity of a material relative to its family.
That is, if a material A weighs 3, a material B weighs 2, the measurement for material A will be "3/5" and for material B it will be "2/5"

I know it's probably easy but taking into account the RLS filter and so on, it has me very confused.

Thanks a lot.

Frank_Ruiz_0-1707389340880.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally found the solution by myself.
Thank you very much, I close the case.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The "material_passport" table has an RLS filter applied to the user_email field

Yeah, but it also has a bidirectional relationship.  That negates the RLS.

Get rid of all the bidirectionals if you can.

I appreciate your advice.
It surprises me because I have tested the report (publishing it via the web in a Power BI embedded capacity) and the RLS works well.

My question is how to calculate the measurements associated with the percentage of the intensities of a material over the total of its family.

Greetings

Hi @Frank_Ruiz ,

Could you please provide some sample data in your tables  (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with special examples and screenshots. Later I will check if there is any workaround to achieve your requirement. You can refer the following link to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Calculate the measurements associated with the percentage of the intensities of a material over the total of its family. 

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I finally found the solution by myself.
Thank you very much, I close the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.