Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StarkPBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

Set your date’s start time so it’s before the end time, then try calling this API again. API Error

This was working last month but now it's not. 

Any ideas?

StarkPBI_0-1642485056873.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StarkPBI ,

It looks like you are using the ActivityEvents API to get the Activity log, and from your screenshot it looks like the startDateTime and endDateTime are in correct  in ISO 8601 compliant UTC formats, and their date ranges are correct. It looks like an issue, I see that you have raised a case in the issue forum, and the support colleague has replied to you: The issue has been reported internally(ICM: 284208185). I will also continue to track the status of this ICM, and I will update you if there is any progress later.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
niltu

Hello, I solved the error by pulling just a specific day and passing the following date format in the api URL.

startDateTime='2023-12-03T00:00:00Z'&endDateTime='2023-12-03T23:59:59Z'
lmcconnell1665
Frequent Visitor

@StarkPBI I am having the same issue when I try to get data prior to 30 days ago. 

When I try to get data within a 30 day lagging window, the API works as intended.

pvuppala
Advocate II
Advocate II

Could it be that we can only go back 30days in history?  I am running this call too but it works within 30days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

metricinsights
Frequent Visitor

@v-yiruan-msft any updates?
Faced the same issue now. 

metricinsights_0-1647356367863.png

Thanks,

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StarkPBI ,

It looks like you are using the ActivityEvents API to get the Activity log, and from your screenshot it looks like the startDateTime and endDateTime are in correct  in ISO 8601 compliant UTC formats, and their date ranges are correct. It looks like an issue, I see that you have raised a case in the issue forum, and the support colleague has replied to you: The issue has been reported internally(ICM: 284208185). I will also continue to track the status of this ICM, and I will update you if there is any progress later.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft Has there been any update on this?  We are also hitting this issue and would like to use the API but the start/ed date issue is blocking us. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @msalerno, have you fixed the issue ? I have the same problem right now.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors