Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

d_u_a
Helper II
Helper II

Report Embed to App for Customers

I have some questions that i didn't understand clearly from documentation. 

1) I 'm using Power Bi Pro with my company mail . Currently i can't access to our company Azure Active Directory with my company mail (asada@companyname.com) because of security process so I opened an Azure acount with my individual account (asadasds@outlook.com) and i will create an app in azure to get accessToken to embedding . 
My question : My Power Bi Pro acoount mail (company mail) is different from Azure account mail (individual mail) , Is it a problem for embedding my reports ? Should two mail be the same in Azure and Power Bi Pro account to embed my reports?

2)When embedding reports to App for customer can i use only Javascript Api or should i use Rest api and Javascript Api together ?
I made a demo project with using this link :  https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html  .
So i only used Javascript Api but if i develop for my customer is it enough to use Javascript Api like this example ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @d_u_a,

I think they are complementary. The Javascript SDK have more interactive functions while the REST API has more administrative functions. For example, we need to use groups_adduserasadmin to add a user to the App workspace. We can use PowerBI-JavaScript Bookmarks to operate the bookmarks. 

Please refer to api/power-bi/ and PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @d_u_a,

I think they are complementary. The Javascript SDK have more interactive functions while the REST API has more administrative functions. For example, we need to use groups_adduserasadmin to add a user to the App workspace. We can use PowerBI-JavaScript Bookmarks to operate the bookmarks. 

Please refer to api/power-bi/ and PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
d_u_a
Helper II
Helper II

I found respose of my first question in this link : 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/create-an-azure-active-directory-tenant

But still need help for second question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.