Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

OlafCdeWit
Frequent Visitor

Question: What is the "securityBindingsSignature" in the semantic model 'localSettings.json'?

We recently started using de PBIP file structure with Git and this specific item keeps causing merge conflicts. I think it was recently added to the files, but I cannot find what it does (or how to deal with it while merging).

Does anybody know?securityBindingsSignature.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @OlafCdeWit,

Have you enabled the sensitivity label on this report? If that is the case, you can take a look at the following link:

Sensitivity labels from Microsoft Purview Information Protection in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft ...
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

My company has enabled them for Outlook, Excel etc. I am not an administrator or added to the security group allowd to set those labels, not even just for Power BI.

But I don't see the sensitivity labels anywhere in Power BI - Desktop or Service - where the documentation states they should be. It seems like they haven't been enabled yet specifically for Power BI.

Also our only source is Snowflake, so it doesn't inherit from the source as far as I can tell.

HI @OlafCdeWit,

These labels are enabled on your organization and will auto apply to the report based on your account that login to the power bi desktop.

For the report with sensitive label, you can't use the accounts not in the organizations or account which has not correspond permission to open it.

Sensitivity labels from Microsoft Purview Information Protection in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft ...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

So do I understand correctly that the 'securityBindingsSignature' is a combination of my organization's sensitivity label and my personal account?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.