Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rkouwenhoven
Frequent Visitor

Power Query editor doesn't open, shows blank screen

When I try to open the Power Query editor I get a blank screen and doesn't open. This happens both with existing desktop files and new ones I try to create. I saw some topics on forums but no clear solution or answer. Help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

😂 Then Marks Reinstalling desktop as Solutions.. Becuase when nothing works Restart Computer or Reinstall the application  solve the problem by 90 % 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
zquazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Then try disable all the add ins .
Close the Power BI . 
try to restart your Computer 

Removed the add ins but didn't work as well. I guess re-installing Desktop is the next step?

Try that. Because when nothing works we only had the option to reinstalling the Desktop

Re-installed Desktop and problem is solved. The reason remains a mistery.

😂 Then Marks Reinstalling desktop as Solutions.. Becuase when nothing works Restart Computer or Reinstall the application  solve the problem by 90 % 

zquazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

I Gone through the Same thing a month back 

Check that your power bi is updated with the latest upgrade.
And Try to Clear the cache 
Close Power BI Desktop.
Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\ and press Enter.
Delete all the files and folders in this folder.

Try With these Steps hope this works..

Good day zquasi,

I was very glad to come across your post. Clearing the local data worked for me. Then I got curious. I had taken a copy of the local data, so I restored it and started to work out which local data file in particular was causing the problem. In my case I tracked it down to the User.zip file in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\. Deleting User.zip was enough to solve the problem for me. I haven't taken it further to track down what in particular was the problem within User.zip. Just thought I would add this as another step in story.

Hope this helps somebody in future

This worked for me. Thanks heaps as I had reinstalled and was getting really frustrated. Cheers M

I followed all the steps but didn't work. Problem persists

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.