Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

Power BI embed into web page and automatic refresh

Hello,

We have a project that we need to embed several dashboards into our web page. All embedded reports need to refresh on a daily basis. Our viewers won't be allowed to view the source tables. Our web runs under Joomla, all data sets are stored in Azure SQL. We used Power BI desktop to create our dashboards. My questions

1. Which option do we use, import direct query
  2. How do we embed the dashboards without the tables
  3. How do we automatically refresh the dashboards on a daily basis

Thanks in advance for any help received.

John

2 REPLIES 2
jocaplan-MSFT
Employee
Employee

If you use direct query, the data will always be up to date. No need to refresh. Users do not need direct access to the underlying tables. What does it mean to embed without tables?

mmh. I guess i must correct you. I also use DirectQuery. Neither in PowerBi Desktop(except changing a measure) or in the Azure Cloud. There is no automatic update !

From my understanding you need to trigger dataset.setAllConnections method in the node SDK. This is not working right now for me. See

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/datasets-setAllConnections-not-working-in-Node-SDK-and-CLI...

michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.