Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Parinitha_V
Frequent Visitor

Opening & Closing balance in statement of accounts - Power BI, DAX

Hello all,

How to bring the opening and closing balance for a specific customer account @pbix  report using @DAX functions? 

I have a requirement where the report will be run for a customer and the data range can be anything, it need not be from starting of the year and ending of the year(1st Jan to 31st dec).

The ways which I have tried are 

1) OPENINGBALANCEMONTH and CLOSINGBALANCEMONTH DAX function.

2) Adding the index in the data and sorting according to the customer account value. (eg) 

LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[ Balance $],'Table'[Seq],'Table'[Seq]-1)+0
              3) Summing the total cumulative balance and negating it with previous month total. 
None of them worked. Please suggest the ways to acheive it with examples. 

<<Edited - I have attached the sample expected calculation & also highlighted the opening and closing balance, I have also tried existing power BI blogs with respect to opening and closing balance, it didnt resolve my purpose.>>

Parinitha_V_2-1601018766360.png

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Parinitha_V 

Can you share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question?
You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube, LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

@Fowmy Thanks for the suggestion, I have attached the sample data and highlighted the values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors