Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

collinq
Super User
Super User

Multiple APIs in a single query and/or at one time

I am fine at calling APIs in Power BI.    I am getting the expected results.  Now I would like to use the API that gives me the list of the users for each APP in Power BI.  The API call for this particular one is:

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/admin/apps/{appId}/users

The catch is, I have 90 separate apps - and therefore have to run 90 queries/API calls if there is no way to do a query that gets AppID1 and then AppID2 then AppID3, etc.

I have used an API to get my list of AppID's so I do have a nice table with the 90 AppID's in a column in a query.

And, I have the super long authentication key as well that I can put into the query.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

@collinq head over to GitHub - migueesc123/PowerBIRESTAPI: A Microsoft Power BI Data Connector or Power Query Connector fo... , grab the code and modify it to include the API calls you need. You can even put in a pull request if you feel that should be included by default.

Note:  works with AAD Auth.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TK12345
Resolver I
Resolver I

Did it work out for you? How did you fix it? Can't find the right code.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

@collinq head over to GitHub - migueesc123/PowerBIRESTAPI: A Microsoft Power BI Data Connector or Power Query Connector fo... , grab the code and modify it to include the API calls you need. You can even put in a pull request if you feel that should be included by default.

Note:  works with AAD Auth.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors