Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ashot
Regular Visitor

Matrix visual broken when embedded into web solution

Hello, we have several issues with the Matrix widget.

Matrix visual is broken in embedded view, but when user is applying any of the filters - it fixes the visual.

two samples from different broken matrix visuals in two different embedded reports:

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 11.54.23.pngScreenshot 2022-03-22 at 11.54.58.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the feedback.

points 1 and 2 does not help, as it seems that the restriction is applied by Chrome not to allow requests from different domains (in this case embedded Power BI is trying to reach own domain).

We were able to override the special cookie from the server side to allow cross domain requests.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_dp
Frequent Visitor

@Ashot I am experiencing a similiar issue...can you elaborate how you resolved.  In my case, no report that has a Matrix on the first page will render in Chrome/Edge (works fine if Firefox)...this just cropped in the last few days.  Intrestingly enough if I have a different landing page that doesn't have a matrix and then navigate to it, it works fine.

Ashot
Regular Visitor

seems to be Chrome security restrictions in the embedded iframe. should be a known issue, but we were not able to find any mentioning about it..

Hi @Ashot ,

Does your Power BI Embedded report work fine in IE? Many user meet similar problem like yours, but they will work find with IE.

Here I have some suggestions.

1. Try to run Chrome in Incognito mode.

2. Try to  clear the browser cache in Chrome.

3. Refer to this blog to turn off "Block third-party cookies..." option in Chrome.

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied f...

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the feedback.

points 1 and 2 does not help, as it seems that the restriction is applied by Chrome not to allow requests from different domains (in this case embedded Power BI is trying to reach own domain).

We were able to override the special cookie from the server side to allow cross domain requests.

Could you elaborate on your solution?  Does this fix the problem with showing a matrix in embedded PowerBI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors