Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anambedoya
Frequent Visitor

Issue embedding token - Dataset is not found

Hi all, the API to generate an embedded token is failing due to an Unathorized error. (See image)

anambedoya_0-1677681721107.png

Then, I reviewed the API to get the dataset used in the previous request but it just throws that is not found (See image)

anambedoya_1-1677681805165.png

Anyway, when I get the information of the report using the Get Reports in Group API (See image) you can see the provided dataset is linked to the report.

anambedoya_2-1677681907666.png

I have two customers complaining about this error saying they have permissions for the required dataset so I don't know what else I should review. I appreciate your help, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
AmosHersch
Employee
Employee

NotFound error code might mean that the calling user doesn't have access to the dataset.

Is it possible that the report and dataset reside in different workspaces? If so, does the user have access to both workspaces? If not, it might depend how to report was shared with the user (through workspace access or shared directly)

The customer confirmed they have access to the dataset but the API keeps failing, do you know what else should we review?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors