Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jackson123
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is there a way to write table data into the SSAS tabular model?

Is there a way to write table data into the SSAS tabular model? The background is to test the feasibility of the source data (middle office) to push data of database into the SSAS database by scheduling jobs, and if it is feasible, I want to remove the intermediate database (currently the middle office-intermediate database-SSAS) and change it to the middle office-SSAS, the middle office will have resource contention, and stabilize the use of resources by scheduling the job.

I know ssas tabular model is a olap database, then Can OLAP databases be added, deleted, or modified like OLTP databases?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marcosvin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello!

No, OLAP cubes are not designed for DML operations (insert, update, delete). In traditional data warehouse or data mart scenarios you need to have a database (SQL Server for example) and schedule ETL loads to update the data frequently in the SQL database. After that, you can schedule jobs to process the OLAP cubes, that is, update the data according to recent modifications made to the SQL database.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
marcosvin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello!

No, OLAP cubes are not designed for DML operations (insert, update, delete). In traditional data warehouse or data mart scenarios you need to have a database (SQL Server for example) and schedule ETL loads to update the data frequently in the SQL database. After that, you can schedule jobs to process the OLAP cubes, that is, update the data according to recent modifications made to the SQL database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.