Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

devsyw
Frequent Visitor

How to import Embedded powerapp from BI to desktop?

Hi BI devs,

I'm building powerapps from powerbi ,  how can I update the report (which is embedded with a power app) back to BI desktop?

ps. I can't choose an existing powerapp to embed in BI desktop then publish it to BI. (it just can't detect the exsisting app from the environment, unless I need to build an app from zero.)

many thanks!

BI powerapp user

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @devsyw 

I think you want to use Power Apps visual in Power BI Desktop. Is your issue that you couldn't find and use exsisting app in Choose App. Please check the account you login in Power BI Desktop. Make sure this account is correct and it has access to Power Apps you have created.

1.png

Here is the offical blog about Power Apps visual for Power BI. I hope it could help you.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

Thanks for the info, however, I was already login BI desktop with A environment, and have published the report to an workspace under the same A environment. It doesn't work to embed existing app from BI desktop!

devsyw_0-1637607768209.png

And in order to workaround, I would like to export BI service with embedded powerapps , and import to BI desktop, it doesn't work either!

SO the question is:  HOW can I export then import it to BI desktop?? looks like the embedded powerapps visual can't be imported to BI desktop either! If there is any workaround, please let me know, many thanks!!!

regards,

devsyw

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.