Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Limit the Date Slicer selection to one year

Hi All,

I have a Date Slicer with defined Calender Data set. It's working absolutely fine to seleted the from and To dates.

Now, my questions - Is there any way we can limit the selection of dates , either from and To to one year.

For example -If user selects from Date, can Power Bi Auto fill the To Date with the difference on 365 days or 1 year? Likewise for To Date as well?

KrishnaKoushik_0-1597845291683.png

@DataSlicer 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, click on the slicer, then, go to the filters panel and input the following setting (amending the from and to accordingly) then hit apply. 

Karlos_0-1597845680773.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous- Thanks for your response

Actually I have a calender range of 2-3 decades , I just want to give the flexibility to user such that if user selects or slides either From or To Dates,the other one should auto select or slide with the difference of 1 year.

For example - In the Calender dates of 20-30 years , if I select from date as 18th August 2020 -the date slicer should be something like 18th August 2020 to 17th August 2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got ya, 

Try the Timeline Slicer, it's actually really nice for that type of thing. 

Karlos_0-1597846681124.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.