Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics (GA) Unique Users And Other Metrics

I was tasked with importing our GA data into PBi, so we can compare it with various social media sources that we have. I thought this would be an easy task as there is a custom connector; however, I was terribly wrong. Once I imported the data and started to compare numbers to what was in GA, I saw that the User's metric wasn't correct. I understand that the user metric represents Unique Users in GA, but when it's in PBi, it's totally all users (Both returned and new visitors). I also noticed a few other metrics like the bounce rate that was exceedingly high. I've tried looking everywhere for a solution to this. My company current uses DashThis to compare all of the data, and it's receiving the correct data somehow. Stack Overflow didn't have a solution for me, neither did Reddit. I have tried searching through multiple threads here, but I still can't seem to find anything. A few people just said "That's just the way it is," but there's got to be someway to get this corrected. I have even tried using a CData custom connector for this issue and I'm having problems querying using their connector. Please, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
OlegS
Helper I
Helper I

My reply is too late but for those who is still struggling: comparing GA data obtained from different sources: API, export to CSV, etc. is a never ending process. As an alternative, you may import GA data into windsor.ai and connect your Power BI to it.

windsor.ai google sources.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.