Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fedpar
Employee
Employee

GET table contents through webapp

I'm looking to write a simple webapp that will go through a specific dataset's table and determine if the data is complete and up-to-date. I'd run this on a daily basis. I started looking into the Power BI API and noticed you can modify existing tables (e.g. add rows), but I see no mention of actually getting the existing rows. I went ahead and downloaded this Getting Started VS solution and it connects to my data source great and gets a list of all the datasets I have. Is there a way to obtain tables' rows using this API? If not, is there any other way to do so?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@fedpar Here's the list of all REST API operations. I think Add and delete rows could be what you're after. Also I it may not be possible to get individual row atm through API but you can submit that as an idea to be implemented in future.

View solution in original post

Hmm...there doesn't appear to be a way to read the data. Oh well, back to doing it manually, I guess. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@fedpar Here's the list of all REST API operations. I think Add and delete rows could be what you're after. Also I it may not be possible to get individual row atm through API but you can submit that as an idea to be implemented in future.

Hmm...there doesn't appear to be a way to read the data. Oh well, back to doing it manually, I guess. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.