Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Heyang
Frequent Visitor

Free users or groups can only be subscribed to reports or dashboards backed by Premium capacity

HI All,

I do understand if I want my dashboard get subscribed, either dashboard need to be in a premium capacity or people subscribed need to have a Pro or PPU license. as shown below

Heyang_0-1685489375634.png

my dashboard dont have Premium capacity but the those person have Pro licenses, as shown below

Heyang_5-1685489665320.png

Heyang_2-1685489583019.png

Heyang_3-1685489611142.png

Heyang_4-1685489632638.png

and when I try add the group to subscribe to report, i get the error msg below. please help 

Heyang_6-1685489710466.png

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Heyang Li

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Heyang ,

If the report or dashboard is hosted in shared capacity, you can only subscribe other individuals who have Power BI Pro licenses. Group aliases are not supported in shared capacity. You can subscribe to the following persons in that group as an individual separetely.

vyiruanmsft_0-1686106385594.png

Add individuals not groupAdd individuals not group

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Heyang ,

According to this official documentation, you need permissions to access the particular report or dashboard and either when you create a subscription for yourself:

As checked the screenshots you provided and the problem description, the subscribed contents not located in premium capacity, but the members in the groups which you will subscried to are all pro license users. So it shouldn't be the problem... However, I found that the group "Priority Report" seems to be inactive. Could you please check and confirm it? 

vyiruanmsft_0-1686017307036.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI Rena,

Thank for the reply.

I wasnt sure if that would cause the problem, because I (or the admin person) cannot change the group status to active, and its a newly created group (like 2 days ago). and i tried to create a demo group and its shows inactive directly (not sure why its behave like this)

To subscribe to the group feature in PowerBi worked fine during my demo but after few days my client did for themselves and the error occured. 

Again, thanks for trying to resolve the problem. Any additional info if you need, please let me know

Kind regards,

Heyang Li

Hi @Heyang ,

Could you please check with your client whether they add some other member in the group "Priority Report"? And is there any member in that grooup from external users? If yes, it is required that the shared contents be hosted in a Premium capacity. You find the details in the following documentation.

Subscribe external users

vyiruanmsft_0-1686030865253.png

Best Regards

Heyang_0-1686096083413.png

Heyang_1-1686096102118.png

Hi Rena,

Thanks for getting back to me

as you could see there is no member in the group and all of them are owners

all of them are not external user

Kind regards,

Heyang Li 

Hi @Heyang ,

If the report or dashboard is hosted in shared capacity, you can only subscribe other individuals who have Power BI Pro licenses. Group aliases are not supported in shared capacity. You can subscribe to the following persons in that group as an individual separetely.

vyiruanmsft_0-1686106385594.png

Add individuals not groupAdd individuals not group

Best Regards

Thanks for clarify that, Great help thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.