Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Neha12
Frequent Visitor

Fiscal year slicer

Hi,

I have a year slicer and a fiscal year wise line chart that starts from April to March. I have sorted the line chart with fiscal year column. 

whenever I select any year in a slicer the line chart shows the correct values staring from April to March, but problem is when I select all the years in a slicer, the bar chart shows the value from April to March in a series of April-14, April-15, April-16, April-17, May -14, May-15, May-16, May-17, June-14, June-15 and so on 

Instead of April 14, May 14, June 14, April 15, May 15 and so on 

Please help @AdamBoltryk , @dm-p  

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AdamBoltryk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Morning Neha,

You need 'slave column' to correct sortation of your 'April-14' data. IMVHO best is numerical colum with format YYYYMM and then sort your column using this slave one. so your 'April -14' will be represent with 201404 in slave column.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AdamBoltryk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Morning Neha,

You need 'slave column' to correct sortation of your 'April-14' data. IMVHO best is numerical colum with format YYYYMM and then sort your column using this slave one. so your 'April -14' will be represent with 201404 in slave column.

Regards,

Thanks @AdamBoltryk 

That really worked 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors