Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

roset03
Frequent Visitor

Extract 'Comments' with timestamp from PowerBI online (PowerBI Rest API?)

Hi All,

Our users want to make comments on data points, etc in a report. (i.e. it is for manufacturing data, so they want to explain reasons for breakdowns, downtime, etc. on a given day).

To try and avoid licensing issues with PowerApps, etc., we were hoping to use the commenting abilities already incorporated within PowerBI online.

However, another requirement that we must be able to retrospectively extract any comments that were made from a report, on a given day (and preferably assign these to a given data point on the report, if possible). I.e. so that we can go back in time to understand issues on previous days through the year.

I was hoping that this was possible to access comments made by people in PowerBI online through the PowerBI Web API. But I am having trouble finding any clear links to it. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this through PowerBI? Any advice with this would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Many thanks all for your hope.

Tim

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @roset03 have you figured this out? I am having exactyl the same request, but I canot find any API function related to comments 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.