Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

echandramouli

Excel report file conversion to PowerBI report

I am trying to convert the Excel file(.xlsx) into the powerBI report file(.pbix). I have created the powerBI report(.pbix) file and trying to see that in XML format.But I could not able to see this .pbix file in the .xml format.Is it possible or not to convert the Excel file into the PowerBI report file by using VB.Net (or) C#.Net code?

Thanks & Regards,

Chandramouli. E

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @echandramouli,

As far as I know, I'm afraid we can't do that for now. Please refer to open-power-bi-report-pbix-through-excel. But there is still a method you can try. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Excel_report_file_conversion_to_Power_BI_report

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
echandramouli

How to convert the Excel report files into the Power BI report files using VB.Net or C#.Net code.

echandramouli

I am trying to convert the Excel input file into the PowerBI report conversion.

For this first i have created powerBI Report(.pbix) file and tried to open it in XML file format.But i could not able to view this powerBI report in XML format.

Is it possible or not to convert the .xlsx file into the .pbix file by using C#.Net or VB.Net code? Please let me know if you have any solutions for this?

Thanks & Regards,

Chandramouli. E

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors