Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Enable users to create matrixes independently without access to other visuals

HI,

I have a client who wants to give his end users the ability to create matrixes independently with all fields fro dataset (like EXCEL Pivot Tables), without access to other visuals .Could this be possible?
The size of the data set makes impossible optiom to "analyze in Excel" or to connect from excel , it will be to slow...

thank you,
Rita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why would they want to limit themselves like that?

Another way is to prepare three sets of field parameters, one each for rows, column and values of the matrix. Then allow multi select on all of them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Probably the CEO's goal is to allow employees to make reports for themselves without "play" options. My manager is the one who deals with client, so I am unaware of all the details 🙂
Anyway, I think the field parameters will work, thanks for the advice.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, create a matrix visual with any layout you want, make it fill the whole page, and then in the settings enable "Allow users to personalize visuals".  Publish and share, and then teach your users how to use that fantastic feature.

Thank you very much for your response.

Unfortunately, that solution is not exactly what I need because the user can still choose another visualization (if he presses on "matrix" it opens them all) and my customer only wants access to matrix...

Why would they want to limit themselves like that?

Another way is to prepare three sets of field parameters, one each for rows, column and values of the matrix. Then allow multi select on all of them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.