Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding Paginated Report with a Power BI Dataset

Hello. I am trying to embed a paginated report in my web application that uses a Power BI Dataset as its datasource. I can get the embed token, but when rendering it, I am getting this error: 

dustinetoleteey_0-1594834990163.png

The dataset being used and the paginated report are on the same Power BI workspace. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

23 REPLIES 23

Any update on this issue. We are having the same problem and looking for the solution.

Thank you,

Sri

@chrisfin 

Do you consider to allow datasets published using XMLA endpoint as well? Or it only relates to datasets published by Desktop app?

Eugene.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chris,

This dynamic data set construction is actually a really cool way to build dataset. We use the PushDS API (which I wish was richer). But scenarios can be very interesting, such as combining 1st party data and 3rd party data from say their APIs, doing the mashup in code C# to ensure data integrity, and then presenting a unified model to PowerBI (and hopefully Paginated soon).

The other obvious  feature is "respecting the model" in Paginated. But I guess this is the legacy vs the future issue.

If you need some early beta/preview testing let me know.

- phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.