Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harrisonhg

Dashboard tiles not updating while using PowerBI API

This is all done programatically through the PowerBI API:
1. Dataset has been created.
2. Data has been pushed to that dataset.

3. Report made from that dataset.

4. Individual graphs from the report are pinned to a dashboard.

5. Pushed some more data.

Previously this process has worked perfectly and dashboard tiles update mostly live without trouble.

Unfortunately, they seem to be very inconsistent recently. Whenever data is pushed, I can refresh the report and see the new data, but this is rarely reflected in the dashboard. Sometimes the dashboard updates after a couple of rows have been pushed to the dataset and other times it doesn't seem up to update after a whole day. Even refreshing the tiles doesn't do anything, all while the manually-refreshed report shows the latest data. This is reflected on 2 machines in 2 different locations.

Has anything happened to PowerBI recently, could we be forgetting a step in the process and is there a way I can ensure that the dashboard is updated live to reflect the data coming in? 

2 REPLIES 2
Salty_Sea_Dog
Frequent Visitor

I have noticed that I can't clone my dashboard tiles to a new workspace. Are you also using a new workspace? 

No, this is just straight into the account with no specific workspace

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.