Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gokulg
Frequent Visitor

D365FO with DataLake - Get Data in Power BI

Hi Team,

New to D365FO to DataLake implementation. Installed DataLake in D365FO and created Azure storage for DataLake Gen2 as mentioned in MS documents. Configured App URL, Client and secrets in D365FO. I can able to Publish(Activate) D365FO tables and Entities, tables are available in Azure DataLake.

My question here is, if we publish D365FO tables, all the tables are available in DataLake, but if we publish D365FO Entities (combination of multiple tables), it is not available as single Entity instead it was published as seperate tables. Is there anyway to achive Publish as Entity and Datalake also holds as single Entity instead of seperate tables?

Also Get Data from Azure DataLake Gen2 from Power BI, if we select Connect with File system view, all the tables which are in .csv format are getting imported in Power BI and not able to extract single table. Is there any possiblity to import single table in File system view? (CDM folder view gives the option to select single table import)

Any documentation related to D365FO with Azure DataLake and Power BI reporting will be helpfull

Thanks,

Gokul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gokulg ,

You can refer the content in the following blog to achieve it.

Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations

Connect to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations with Power BI by Odata Feed not appear all tables

1. Create date entity

yingyinr_0-1634800676746.png

2. Connect to it using OData feed connector

yingyinr_1-1634800700173.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alisanan

Hi Gokulg,

You can follow below article to create D365fo entities as views in Azure synapse database:

How to create Dashboards on your D365 FnO data in Azure Data lake using Azure Synapse Analytics SQL ...

Regards,

Gokulg
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Sorry for late response. By using OData Feed i can able to connect to D365FO and able to import entities (as mentioned in above link). But my requirement is to connect Azure DataLake Gen2 database from Power Bi and import the entities (not using OData Feed).

When i try to publish Data Entities from D365FO, the entities are published as seperate tables not as single entity. 

Thanks,

Gokul

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gokulg ,

You can refer the content in the following blog to achieve it.

Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations

Connect to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations with Power BI by Odata Feed not appear all tables

1. Create date entity

yingyinr_0-1634800676746.png

2. Connect to it using OData feed connector

yingyinr_1-1634800700173.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt the answer that was marked as correct is what you are looking for. Did you find an answer, or do we have to set up the Azure Synapse and connect Power Bi to that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.