Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabrinasimao
Frequent Visitor

Cost and license types in embedded context

Currently I work in an organization and my goal is to embed my reports on a web portal, made by our devs. All of the organization will have access to the portal using existing AD autentication (active directory), but they don't have Pro license.

But i'm extremely confused by all the different types of licenses that exist, and what exactly I would need to actually embed the content. I read about pro and premium (I have pro), and A1, EM1, P1. And now i'm hearing there is also "Power Bi Embbeded" and that is different from Premium? The tutorial from microsoft that I followed said I would need to have only a Pro account, but the existence os these licenses tell me otherwise.

I need some general guidance in what i will need to make this possible for my folks here. I've done the simple "paste the iframe in the front" and it works, but they all need the pro license to view.

Thank you for the patiente,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sabrinasimao ,

"I read about pro and premium (I have pro)"

"but they don't have Pro license."

In your case, you can only use the "Publish to web" method to embed the report so that your users can access the report.

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

1, If you have Pro license and the report is in a workspace with Premium capacity and your users do not have Pro licenses.

In this case, you can use 'Prublish to web' or 'Embed report in secure portal or website' to embed the report.

v-lionel-msft_1-1615791667808.png

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

2, If you have Pro and your users also have Pro licenses.

In this case, you can use 'Prublish to web' or 'Embed report in secure portal or website' to embed the report.

3, About Power BI Embeded.

Embedded analytics with Power BI embedded analytics for better embedded BI insights - Power BI | Mic...

v-lionel-msft_3-1615793294825.png

Capacity and SKUs in Power BI embedded analytics enabling better embedded BI insights - Power BI | M...

v-lionel-msft_5-1615793381232.png

v-lionel-msft_6-1615793427999.png

So if you want to use 'Embed report in secure portal or website', I suggest you buy Premium (P/EM), or assign a Pro license to each of your users.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sabrinasimao ,

"I read about pro and premium (I have pro)"

"but they don't have Pro license."

In your case, you can only use the "Publish to web" method to embed the report so that your users can access the report.

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

1, If you have Pro license and the report is in a workspace with Premium capacity and your users do not have Pro licenses.

v-lionel-msft_1-1615791667808.png

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

2, If you have Pro and your users also have Pro licenses.

3, About Power BI Embeded.

Embedded analytics with Power BI embedded analytics for better embedded BI insights - Power BI | Mic...

v-lionel-msft_3-1615793294825.png

Capacity and SKUs in Power BI embedded analytics enabling better embedded BI insights - Power BI | M...

v-lionel-msft_5-1615793381232.png

v-lionel-msft_6-1615793427999.png

So if you want to use 'Embed report in secure portal or website', I suggest you buy Premium (P/EM), or assign a Pro license to each of your users.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.