Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Benito_BI
Frequent Visitor

Change filter in report/pbix file with API

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if its possible to change a report filter with the API or another tool.

What i'm doing is i created a pbix file and publish this to a workspace. In this pbix i have a filter set like example a filter on the date column.

Now through the API i can copy the pbix file and push this to another workspace.

But when its doing this i would like to change a filter in this pbix file.

Is something like this possbile?

Kind regards,

Benito2313

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Benito_BI
Frequent Visitor

I have found a way, its not pretty but i think it works. The only thing i need to do is to create a PowerShell script that automates everything.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Modifying-the-Layout-file-that-is-embedded-in-a-pbix-file/t...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Cute. Keep in mind that the structure of the pbix and obit changes over time with changes to the semantics. Be prepared to modify your code on these occasions.

Benito_BI
Frequent Visitor

I have found a way, its not pretty but i think it works. The only thing i need to do is to create a PowerShell script that automates everything.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Modifying-the-Layout-file-that-is-embedded-in-a-pbix-file/t...

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can add report level filters to the URL of the newly created report. That will override the defaults from the original report but it will still give the end users the option to modify the filter. 

As far as I know you cannot yet programmatically change the report design.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.